My Gsoc project involves two modules, Messaging Module and the NCD Module. At the meantime when Messaging Module is being fixed by the author. My mentor requested me to work on the NCD Module.
I had no luck with NCD, it didn't work for me at all. With my mentor's guidance, I started fixing NCD to work with the current trunk. I went through the logs and started fixing the issues. After some days of work I finally came out with a working version. But unfortunately I didn't think of the backward compatibility, where I have used jars from the current trunk, and this have made my fix invalid.
Then according to the advice of Ben and Danial, I started rewriting.This time I made NCD to work with OpenMRS 1.6 and above. The code for this is now in the Jira  and a code review is also available .
Later I too got my commit rights for the NCD module and now I'm waiting for a chance for my first commit.